Short Shaft Pressure Pumps
Short shaft pumps are primarily installed on pontoons. These pontoons are floated in a pond or sump.
• Ideal for pumping in a pond.
• When mounted on a pontoon in a pond they pump just bellow the surface.
• Some models have a balanced shaft with no bearings or seals in the water.
• Can be difficult to get to if mounted on a pontoon. Some pontoons have gang planks out to the pump.
• When mounted on a pontoon in a sump, they can be difficult to service.
Things to consider
If the pump has a mechanical seal then get an estimate on what it would cost to have the pump repaired. It is best to know these costs before something happens. Check the warranty conditions. These pumps work well with a stirrer combination. This helps with the dilution of the solids. Sand is very hard on these pumps and if not controlled can cause premature ware.