Ponds are the traditional method to store effluent and would still be the most common due to their cost benefits. Solids can also be managed more easily with pond systems.
They are required to be lined and this is most commonly achieved using an HDPE liner with a geotextile underlay, gas venting and safety ladders.
• They are typically the most cost effective solution, especially for a site that allows an inground construction (without a high water table).
•Easier to manage solids - more accessible to clean or de-sludge if needed.
• Various agitation options are available.
• Excellent warranty with some liners.
• Open to the weather / rain catchment adds to the volume requirement (unless a floating cover is also installed).
•Requires safety fencing
Things to Consider
• Water table - can the pond be built inground or will it need to be partly above ground or even higher?
• Soil type - how well suited is the soil
• The location of inlet / outlet points
• Pumping from the pond or gravity feeding out of it
• Pond stirring options
• Dimensions to meet your storage requirements
• Safety fencing
We are here to help.
The Team at Effluent & Irrigation understands the concerns relating to how much work managing a dairy farm and its systems can be.
We are here to help you.
Get in touch today.
Call now: (07) 390 5880 or 027 292 6218
Or leave us a message on our contact form and we will get in touch as soon as we can.