Tanks have long been an alternative storage solution to ponds. This includes large in ground concrete tanks to above ground options such as Tasman Tanks.
Similarly to a pond, some of the tank options involve a liner. Otherwise the tank is constructed using concrete and / or sealed panels.
• Avoids water table issues
• Robust solution (e.g. 50 year structural design life depending on make).
• Round in shape which is efficient to stir
• Do not require safety fencing due to height of tank
• Can be costly
• Often require building consent and therefore Geotech implications and cost.
• Access to clean (if required) not so easy compared to a pond
Things to Consider
• Solid Separation / management
• Does the supplier offer them with a cover - worth assessing via storage calculation
• District council construction consents, associated costs and does the supplier include this?
• Pumping from the tank or gravity feeding out of it?
• Tank stirring options
We are here to help.
The Team at Effluent & Irrigation understands the concerns relating to how much work managing a dairy farm and its systems can be.
We are here to help you.
Get in touch today.
Call now: (07) 390 5880 or 027 292 6218
Or leave us a message on our contact form and we will get in touch as soon as we can.